Monday, October 1, 2012

Get kicked out or have a seat! Take initiative.

"Get the hell out of my class."

Thats what the instructor made it seem like he wanted to say when I was trying to crash the English course. The first two classes I was kicked out of!! the second time I was lucky to even get to sit there five minutes, untill they called roll. I thought to myself  "Oh great, this fool is going to kick me out too!" I would walk into the class and find atleast three empty chairs so I would go ahead and sit, acting like I owned it. Apperantly people who actually  registered for that course and didn't bother going the first day of school still had the advantage. I really wanted the units, and they couldn't even show up that day.

Definitetly not the best first day of college. The first couple of days college is hectic!
Adding and dropping for me was daunting at first because i was basically crashing ALL  my classes. Register for classes you want/need early! Procrastinating is not good when it depends on your education. You would think I would do the smart thing to register for them early, but I was clueless. So don't think it doesn't happen to anyone. Just take this advice and also do not be afriad to ask for help.

Luckily my friend David from church saved the day. He helped me find classes I wanted. What started off as dismay resulted as confidence because I got six awesome courses. I felt like one small fish in a big pond. I still do, but not so tiny now.




                        

2 comments:

  1. I felt the exact same way, I had to crash all my classes also. Mr.Aronson was unfortunately that teacher who wanted to kick me out. But i was determined to stay. Everything ended up working out. Now I'm another small fish inna big pond, swimming with you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have top crash any courses yet but from what i send is that teachers really dont accept crashes. they should wait a couple days because everyone enrolled is not going to stay in the class, but thats good you got in.

    ReplyDelete