Thursday, October 25, 2012

Don't Worry, Be Happy..



I am lovable, I am joyful, and I am blessed.


Having "self talks" with yourself is a good way to encourage yourself to have a wonderful day.What are you telling yourself? From a position of strength People who have good emotional health are aware of their thoughts, feelings, relationships,etc. and tend to have higher self-esteem. It's normal to feel mixed motions as well.
The way we respond to an event depends on us and not completely based on our surroundings because our body can be tricked into feeling a certain way. If we believe that by telling ourselves positive things can change the way we feel, it logically follows that our bodies are constantly reacting to our feelings.

Cognition, is understanding what and how we are shaping ourselves. It is more than just positive thinking. It's how we percieve situations/influences, how we feel emotionally, and how we react


Smiling will make you feel better. I remember waking up to my mother and brother arguing, already starting the day with bad vibes. On my way to school the traffic was horrible full of crazy drivers. When I get to class I realize I left my health book at home. I let the negativity get to me that I noticed I was slouching and my body posture was reacting to the feelings. So I told myself everything is fine its just one day I didn't bring my book it won't happen again. Bounce back up and shed all the bad feelings. BE RESILIENT!

Other things can creat positive cognitions and feelings. For me its music, ennvironments, and aromas.
When I listen to songs I enjoy to sing I get in a great mood. Being with people and smelling certain aromas remind me of a memory or a person, creating a happy place for me.


If your going through a rough patch or something is upseting you, tell yourself three positive things.
Our thoughts influence our bodies so if you are not quite "feeling it" one day then "fake it till you make it". Try smiling to be happy it will actually work! I encourage you to talk the talk and walk the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment